Sunday, September 16, 2007

mine own Grumpy Bear

Red Bluff Bound! - Day 5 of 10

Well the paper push is complete, the Grumpy Bear is all mine. I bought a 17" GPS Monitor and antenna as well as the software to chart the entire Pacific Coast, the radar kit that goes with it and a $900.00 antenna array, a plasma TV, and a satellite dish so I can travel in style. It was all supposed to be installed yesterday, but the service manager said his wife threatened to leave him if he worked over the holiday weekend. Flinching from feeling somewhat empathetic I agreed to the installation on Tuesday, and left a key to the boat for Butt Crack Bruce (certainly NOT my nickname for him) at the front desk in the Clubhouse. I am house sitting for my brother while he vacations in Florida, so for now it looks like I am Red Bluff Bound! It is difficult leaving my new home so soon. The people here at the Silver Gate Yacht Club are very friendly, and the is so much to do in San Diego, the weather is beautiful and the ocean is wonderful I feel right at home all ready.

No comments: